Meet Our Librarian!
Mrs. Roop is currently enjoying her ninth year as the librarian at San Jacinto Elementary. Before coming to San Jacinto Mrs. Roop was a librarian for 5 years in Nacogdoches, TX. She has a bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary studies from Texas State in San Marcos and her master’s degree in information studies from The University of Texas at Austin. Mrs. Roop of course LOVES to read! She also enjoys working with computers. Mrs. Roop is married, has an 9 year old daughter and a 6 year old son. She also has two miniature dachshunds, Ladybug & Daisy.
- Come in quietly to the library and wait for instructions
- Not bring food or drink into the library
- Be safe in the library by keeping HFBO (hands, feet, books, and all other objects) to themselves.
- Be respectful of the library by walking and using quiet inside voices at all times.
- Be responsible by taking care of library books and computers.