Watch D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official Watch D.O.G.S. school.
During the day, Watch D.O.G.S. may read and work on flash cards with students, play at recess, each lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well. Many school principals have reported that the mere presence of a Watch D.O.G.S. dramatically reduces reports of bullying. On the day of their participation, Watch D.O.G.S. are given a brief review of their involvement and they wear an official Watch D.O.G.S. t-shirt with a disposable Dog Tag identifying them as Watch D.O.G.S.
All About Watch D.O.G.S.
- Greeting students as they arrive at school.
- Helping out in your kid(s) classroom.
- Having lunch with your kid(s).
- Visiting several classrooms to help the teachers educate their students.
- Help the students get to the buses at the end of the day.
What you get out of it:
- Rock star like stardom as kids acknowledge you throughout the day as you perform your duties.
- Seeing the look of pride on your child’s face when you walk into their classroom.
- Gaining first hand knowledge about your child’s education.
- Pride in taking part in not only your child’s education but the education of the other students.
- You may also learn something.